Canopy Bed Picture : Garden Canopy Bed.
Canopy Bed Picture
- Canopy beds are beds decorated with a canopy. Sometimes they use four posts that are connected at the top with rails that fabric can be hung from. Other times, a hoop is hung from the ceiling over the bed and the fabric drapes down from the hoop.
- A bed supported by four tall posts with a cross members joining the posts that may be used for a supporting a fabric canopy cover, swags, curtains, etc. Find bedroom furniture.
- A canopy bed is a decorative bed somewhat similar to a four poster bed. A typical canopy bed usually features posts at each of the four corners extending four feet high or more above the mattress.
- a visual representation (of an object or scene or person or abstraction) produced on a surface; “they showed us the pictures of their wedding”; “a movie is a series of images projected so rapidly that the eye integrates them”
- Describe (someone or something) in a certain way
- Form a mental image of
- Represent (someone or something) in a photograph or picture
- visualize: imagine; conceive of; see in one’s mind; “I can’t see him on horseback!”; “I can see what will happen”; “I can see a risk in this strategy”
- painting: graphic art consisting of an artistic composition made by applying paints to a surface; “a small painting by Picasso”; “he bought the painting as an investment”; “his pictures hang in the Louvre”
canopy bed picture – Powell Princess
Cherry taking nap in the Chinese marriage bed – Aug 2006
It arrived…all 800lbs of it…in four large slatted wooden crates. The bed breaks down into many parts, and there were no instructions, only small pieces of tape with numbers on them, attached to each part. Despite that, it went together very easily…all mortise and tenon…not a screw or nail anywhere. It was up for a couple of hours the day it arrived, which was 3 years ago, but then had to be taken down because of threatening rain.
Since then it has been stored in a room in the barn….that is until this summer, when I decided to take it out, and place it in this spot near the newly finished pond which had taken 4 years of hand-digging to finish. It is a big pond…35′ x 25′ x 3.5′….so it took some time. I have the wish to put up a garden pavilion in this spot, in the Japanese style, and hopefully be able to house the bed in there eventually, so it can be used and enjoyed with protection from the weather, with a nice view of the pond and fish, and garden.
It is not something that should be exposed to the weather, but I have had it up for a little while this summer to see how it fits into the location, and just to enjoy it a bit. It is up on cement blocks, and whenever rain threatens, a huge tarp has to be pulled over it. It is well protected, but will soon be going back in the barn to be stored in a safer place.
It is 140 years old, from the Qing dynasty period in China. It is built from camphor wood, and has many exquisite, detailed carvings. Canopy beds were made in China for almost 1000 years, and were used to provide some privacy in some of the large spacious homes which only had movable screens separating the various living areas. There are many different styles of these beds. This one, is larger than many, and has a front area that one could sit in, where some are just the canopy bed alone. I had read somewhere, that women were not allowed to sit on the few chairs in the main house, which were reserved for men, so they often used the bed and front area as a place to sit and work on projects or just socialize.
One day this Aug, Cherry wandered out there, and seemed to want to lie down, so I brought a dog bed out, and put it down in the front area, and she slept there for a couple of hours. I think she felt very secure in there, and there was something about her being there that was quite touching to me.
Posted 1 second ago. ( permalink | delete | edit )
It’s actually a Disney Princess bed that I found at Toys R Us and didn’t put the canopy on. I still need to give her a better mattress and make some sheets and blankets and such.
EDIT — Yeaaaah. So, this was taken RIGHT BEFORE an Earthquake. I’m sitting on my bed with my laptop and all of a sudden, the bed starts shaking a little. I thought it was our dog Coty trying to crawl out from under it, like she snuck into my bedroom or something. Then, it gets a lot stronger and the rest of the furniture starts shaking and things start falling! So my dad calls my name and yells to get downstairs, so I grab my Pullips and run. I live right outside of Baltimore, MD so I’ve NEVER been in an Earthquake before. It doesn’t help that I’m already terrified of the idea of natural disasters.. plus, I’m a big scaredy cat. I will totally admit that. We’re all okay and I don’t think there was any damage done to our house, but it’s still scary, especially when most of the furniture in your bedroom is tall! Seeing tall furniture start swaying everywhere is not fun. So, Di-Chan is okay, even though she flipped out of her bed. "Soon-to-be Naru" is okay, too. She didn’t even fall, and she was on a doll stand on my dresser, so that was amazing.
Also, I know this is no biggy for you all on the west coast and that you guys think we need to chill, but remember, we’re not used to this. You guys are.